Friday, May 11, 2007

Day 12

Here's darling Nicholas (he no longer answers to Peter say the caregivers) discovering Dora. He knows all his colors and shapes, in Russian. I hope the language comes along quickly. My mom likes to say that I learned English in a month--it might have seemed that way. I hope so.

We kind of hit a wall in our stay today. We're about two weeks into it and are missing home. Justin's going a bit bonkers. This afternoon he was totally vegged, watching LA Confidential in Russian. Not a good sign. I have a smokers hack from the second-hand smoke that fills out apartment from the ventilation system (a pipe connecting all the bathrooms in the 10 story building).

But we're trying to stay positive. These are a couple of things I've heard my positive-thinking husband say, "nicotine in the bathroom is a great diarrhetic," and "pollution makes for great sunsets." Let's hope we can continue to stay on the sunny side. We miss everyone, especially our dear Sophie, SO MUCH!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness! I feel for you guys! Hang in there...not too much longer & you'll be back in the good old USA!

Thinking of you guys ALL the time...

Unknown said...

You guys are AWESOME! Nicholas is beautiful and all-boy. Your journey has gone very smooth so far and I bet the kids at the baby house love the girls. Your pictures show Nicholas he has an incredible spirit in him and what an awesome life he has ahead of him joining your loving family! We continue to pray for your successful adoption and safe return.
Tha Moss Family