Sunday, June 17, 2007

He's out and about!


I have to make this a really quick post because Nicholas is doing the dishes--something that keeps him busy for a few moments before he plunges back into the next thing. I picked him up from the Baby House on Saturday. Things have been going really well--he is absolutley precious and precocious! He likes me to rock him to sleep--I'm indulging him since he may never have been rocked quite enough. My first thought this morning after I looked over and saw him sleeping sweetly next to me was about love and how it multiplies exponentially every time a child is added to a family. I just couldn't believe the feeling I had, the same I had at Katrina's birth. I had worried that I couldn't love the second child as much as the first, and then POW--she was born and it was amazing. Rather than having less for each, I had more. It happened again with Isabelle. But surely this miracle couldn't happen with an adopted three year old could it? It did--when I looked over this morning, it just overwhelmed me.

We are having a wonderful time--Nicholas is discovering so much. He's been really naughty twice. Once showing me his teeth with the evidence of the blue crayon he had just eaten, and the second time pouring the entire carton of milk into a small cup. He responded with adequate remorse after a little smack on the hand, so I'm not too worried about it. He's so cute when he's sorry that it's hard to stay mad at all!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So glad that things are going so well! You all are in my thoughts & prayers. Much love, Deb

Renata said...

Here in Brazil they say "like a mother's heart: there's always room for one more." So true! It's wonderful to think that this little boy will get all the love and attention he needs, and that he finally has his own mommy and family to be a part of. Give him an extra hug from his Aunt Rae.