Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just an update

I can't wait to come home! Just for grins I went to the Air Astana office and made a reservation for Friday morning to get from here to Almaty. It probably won't happen--we're waiting for Nicholas Kazakhstani passport and I've been told it might arrive Thursday, but it could be as late as Monday. Ugh.

Nicholas and I are doing pretty well, tho I have no down time at all. He is very curious about everything and chatters away constantly, like another little someone I know, but I can't undertand most of what he's saying. Right now he's attempting to fold up a map of Kazakhstan, now he's pouring water out of his sippy cup. He can't stand t.v. unfortunately. I haven't been able to get any work done.

We do a lot of walking and just searching for basic things. Got him some fungal lotion for his little toes. The orphanage has them in shoes and socks all the time, and so at first he would start bawling "no spat" (don't want bed)whenever I took them off. He has started to eat more moderately, and is actually leaving food on his plate. This is another post-orphanage milestone. He has learned to pee standing up, like a good ol' American boy. He holds my hand everywhere we go, though today experimented walking for a few yards 'on his own.' He's really good with a ball, throwing especially. And light switches, the amazingness of lights on and off hasn't worn off yet.

I feel really drained tho. Not sure, maybe it's just the lack of a real goal each day. I have never had so little to do or had such a hard time just doing those little things that I do need to do.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Keep your chin up baby, you're almost there. When you come home you can take a break from the fungal cream and pee lessons...perhaps a trip to a day spa or something.

We love you,

Justin and the girls

Renata said...

Brava, Steffania, coraggio!! Think about what a drag the last weeks of pregnancy sometimes were...all that waiting, fatigue, thinking "ok, enough already!" It's the same thing, without the water retention :-) Almost home! A big hug to you and Nicky.

Debbie said...

Hang in there, sister! The countdown is on! I see a "all about me" day for you in the very near future! Love & prayers, Deb

The Burkes said...

Thinking about you every day! Whenever we're outside I look at your house and think about how it's about to grow by one family member, officially! :-)

Deanna